Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Excuses, Excuses...



"When asked, 'how do you write', I invariably answer, 'one word at a time.'" -Stephen King

So! Bet you've been wondering where I am!

No? Whatever.

I've made some promises regarding this blog. Promises about what I'll post. When I'll post. And I haven't kept any of them the last couple weeks.

So for anyone who keeps coming back and checking to see if I've written anything new, you are so unbelievable awesome and I love you! I'm sorry I've been scarce. It's not you, baby, it's me.

I wouldn't be such a flake if there wasn't a good reason. You see, I've set some pretty ambitious goals for my new book. I'm pushing like hell to finish the first draft by the end of this month- next month at the latest.

It's a stupid amount of work.

The laundry's piled to the ceiling, the bathroom is growing its own ecosystem, and all the takeout is starting to taste the same. But damn it, I set a goal. And apparently, if it's something I'm passionate about, I take those rather seriously.

So there it is.

I'll be scarce a while longer. Remember: stupid amount of work. I try to pop in on The Twitter regularly, so if you want to say hi, by all means, look me up (@writermama). I respond to all @'s, even the snarky ones.

Now if you'll excuse me, time to get back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What did you think? Love it? Hate it? Either way, I want to hear from you!